Saturday, 19 November 2016

Experimental Edits

ROUGH EXPERIMENTAL EDITS
FROM FOOTAGES I TOOK

Alongside our weekly lectures with the presence of industry partners, we have our weekly style labs sessions where we also learn about the types of shots/angles while filming and get down to producing and editing (if time allows) with references from various films with interesting and experimental styles.

Below are some of the clips from various style labs session that I edited after the sessions.


1. Sarah Edwards + Tulle
We had Sarah Edwards, the set designer for Molly Goddard who works a lot with tulle come in where we experimented with how tulle moves and looks on video.




2. Ryan Trecartin Style
Mimicking the style of Ryan Trecartin's videos, we created a narrative of how some people in fashion schools might behave.




3. BTS test shoot
I had a test shoot with photographer Jun, and took some videos on the side with my iPhone5. I styled it, however with the film in mind, of how it is about the viewpoint of what femininity is. Which leads up to my final film about my viewpoint of love.


A good example of why editing with soundtrack is important and how it changes the whole mood and narrative with a different soundtrack, and also the cuts.
This second video of the test shoot is done by Jun.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.