AND FIRST CUTS
During various lecture sessions, we were asked to briefly mention our film concepts and how our progress were.
With regards to post production, since my film was dance-based, the suggestions were to get my audio/soundtrack sorted before filming or to cut and edit the clips according to the beats of the audio.
In a group tutorial session with Kathryn Ferguson, she suggested that one way I could do post production is that I edit my clips and show my music producer. This way, my music producer could produce a soundtrack based on what he sees from the edits. She also mentioned that this is usually how Ruth Hogben (film maker of In The Red that I'm largely taking inspiration from for my film) works with her sound producer and edits her films.
The term 'first cut' was also introduced to me that it is essential I make a first cut (first edit) of the film and good to make a second one that is completely opposite to the first one (could be way of sequence, mood) as it could give a totally different meaning to the film.
first cut
second cut
third cut
video start
I changed the "Pear studios presents" to "a film by Pearline Yeo"
as I realised it might cause confusion to the viewer, thinking that it's an actual studios or a brand for that matter.
I also removed the descriptive word as a suggestion from Marie that it might be a bit too gimmicky/patronising.
end credits
FINAL VIDEO: ATTRIBUTES OF LOVE



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.